Here is a list of websites that primary care providers and mental health professionals may find helpful:
- Primary Care:
- Medscape (www.medscape.com): A comprehensive medical resource that offers clinical information, medical news, drug information, and continuing medical education (CME) courses.
- American Academy of Family Physicians (www.aafp.org): The official website of the American Academy of Family Physicians, providing resources, guidelines, and educational materials for family physicians.
- UpToDate (www.uptodate.com): An evidence-based clinical decision support resource that offers updated medical information, treatment guidelines, and patient education materials.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) (www.nih.gov): The website of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing access to a wealth of health-related information, research findings, clinical trials, and resources for healthcare professionals.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (www.cdc.gov): The official website of the CDC, offering guidelines, educational materials, and resources related to infectious diseases, preventive care, and public health.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) (www.nimh.nih.gov): The NIMH website provides information on mental health disorders, research updates, treatment options, and resources for healthcare providers and the general public.
- American Psychiatric Association (APA) (www.psychiatry.org): The APA website offers resources, guidelines, educational materials, and information on psychiatric disorders for mental health professionals.
- Psychology Today (www.psychologytoday.com): An online directory that helps individuals find mental health professionals in their area. It also features articles, blogs, and resources related to mental health.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) (www.samhsa.gov): SAMHSA provides resources, treatment information, educational materials, and guidelines related to substance abuse and mental health.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) (www.nami.org): NAMI is a mental health advocacy organization that offers resources, educational materials, support groups, and information for both individuals and professionals.